Basin Environmental Ltd. is a small environmental consulting company based out of Sherwood Park, Alberta. Basin offers environmental services to a diverse client base including oil and gas, transportation, land development, real-estate and telecommunication groups.
Currently we have an immediate opening for the following position:
ENVIRONMENTAL FIELD SPECIALIST, Sherwood Park Office
Under the general supervision of the senior staff, this position is responsible for completing fieldwork associated with various projects throughout Alberta. Fieldwork could include: timber, vegetation and soils assessments, and other environmental fieldwork as required. Office work could include project management, environmental reporting and regulatory applications for dispositions on crown land.
- Post-secondary education in natural resource management or environmental sciences.
- Professional designation with one of the following professional colleges: College of Alberta Professional Foresters (CAPF), Alberta Institute of Agrologists (AIA), or Alberta Society of Professional Biologists (ASPB).
- A minimum of three (3) years of work-related experience.
- Knowledge of planning, land-use and environmental regulations/policies, including the Alberta Wetland Policy.
- Experience working with different regulatory agencies: Alberta Energy Regulator (AER), Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP), Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC), Indian Oil and Gas Commission (IOGC)
- Project management experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong communication and scientific writing skills.
- A valid driver's licence and clean driving record is required.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. A competitive compensation package will be offered corresponding with the candidates experience and skills. If you are interested in growing with a small environmental consulting company please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com.
All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position. If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Darcy O’Brien at 780-910-0615 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org