Commercial Phase I Environmental Site Assessments –
Basin Environmental Ltd. (Basin) provides Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) services to oil and gas, industrial and commercial industries.
Phase I Environmental Site Assessment’s are a non-intrusive site investigation designed to assess the environmental condition of a site and/or building(s). It assesses the risk of potential environmental liability at a property associated with current or historical activities at the site and neighboring properties. It includes a historical review, site visit and personal interviews.
The typical scope of our British Columbia Phase I Environmental Site Assessments includes the following:
- A review of current title as well as historical title search.
- A review of current/historical aerial photographs.
- A search of the Environmental Law Centre.
- A search of the Petroleum Tank Management Association of British Columbia
- Completion of a site inspection to identify potential concerns on the British Columbia property.
- Interview with the current owner of the property.
- Preparation of a report documenting the findings, conclusions, and recommendations arising from the study.
The final report follows the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) document “Z768-01 Phase I Environmental Site Assessment”, dated November 2001 in addition to meeting British Columbia Environment requirements. Environmental Site Assessments assist in reducing uncertainty about potential environmental liabilities and in making informed decisions about property transactions. Our client base includes energy companies, realtors, property developers, lending institutions and business owners.
A Phase I ESA does not include the collection or laboratory analyses of samples of soil, groundwater, or other materials; these activities are associated with Phase II Environmental Site Assessments.
Contact Basin Environmental Consultants
If you would like to discuss a potential project and/or receive a detailed quote please contact the Basin Environmental Team at 587-269-1180 or email@example.com.